"Like" me on Facebook

Monday, September 24, 2012

Good Afternoon World


I've had a busy morning, thus the good 'afternoon' post this week.  How was everyone's weekend? Here is my recap...

Friday: Bret & and I had a fun filled nigh wining and dining at our longtime friend's Capital Hill basement apartment.  She cooked up delicious bruschetta, simple salad, and butternut squash risotta.  On the side was some tasty blueberry goat cheese and Door County Cherry Wine.  The ambience was so inviting with Edith Piaf tunes playing and a nice fall chill outside.  We had a great time catching up.  On our way home we stopped in the quaint P&C market to stock up on some Mariage Freres tea.



Saturday:  Biked to Del Ray for some St. Elmos bakery and morning r&r. Stopped in one of my favorite Alexandria boutiques, Kiskadee and checked out the new local sandwich and spirits market.  



Late afternoon Bret and I headed over to Shirlington to try a new restaurant, shop in the flagship Bloomers store, and see the much anticipated movie "The Master."  I must confess I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I'd hoped, however I do think some Oscar nods will come of it.  



Sunday: Burning off all the delicious eats from the past few days with a body attack class followed by some pilates.  Then it was chore time... got a car wash, stocked up on groceries, and cooked some delicious pumpkin stuffed shells.  Bret and I also started the watercolors for our Paris scrapbook.  It's going to be soooo cute.  



No comments:

Post a Comment