"Like" me on Facebook

Monday, May 14, 2012

Good Morning World!

via: Because I'm Addicted


What a rainy and miserable Monday morning this turned out to be.  You'd think after a sunny and warm weekend the week could follow suit, but alas it is another typical week of work.  Here is a recap of the fun.

Friday: Kicked off the weekend a little early by meeting my fabulous friend Alex for a much needed mojito and lunch at Cava Mezze.  We had the best table in the secret courtyard all to ourselves and dined on delicious haloumi and chickpea salad.  Lunch was followed by some shopping at Free People where I scored a mint green bandeau and the denim vest I have been pining over for months.

Saturday: I literally walked all of DC because the metro was too miserable and I was too physically exhausted from the week of workouts to bike to Woodley Park.  The walk turned out to be an amazing choice because I ran in to VP Joe Biden and it was embassy open house weekend.  Then I went to the national zoo for my once a year walk through followed by lunch in Woodley Park.  After lunch I began the long trek to Georgetown where I found the cute bakery, Paul's and purchased some amazing macaroons.


 Check out the video I caught of Joe Biden (I was a little star struck).








Sunday: Happy Mother's Day! Epic phone call with mom followed by much needed bra shopping and lunch at Lapin Quotidien.  I've lost a decent amount of weight and was holding off on bra shopping as it is my least favorite form of shopping.  I ended up having the greatest small business shopping experience at Bloomers in Old Town.  The atmosphere was charming and the shop assistant was sweet and very helpful.  She new everything about the merchandise and gave me a proper fitting which I desperately needed.  The prices were also very reasonable for such a charming location, great help, and beautiful under garments.  I will forever be doing my underwear shopping here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment