"Like" me on Facebook

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good Morning World!

Good morning world!  I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  I enjoyed my long weekend in celebration of Dr. King.  Friday consisted of dinner at my Old Town favorite - Faccia Luna.  It was a little more crowded then usual thanks to the ever-so-popular Alexandria restaurant week. 

Saturday is confronted my greatest fear- the DMV which actually proved to not be too terrible this time around.  I can finally cruise around in my convertible worry free. I then ventured into DC for some much needed catch-up time and reflection with a friend at Founding Farmers.  I highly recommend the Bijoux cocktail if you are ever there and torn between the many delicious handmade cocktails on their menu. Several cocktails later we found ourselves at the Georgetown Sephora where I discovered a new makeup regimen favorite (coming soon in a post). 

 Sunday found myself sleeping in until well past my usual 8am.  The weather was far too windy and cold so my boyfriend and I seized the opportunity to explore the American Indian Smithsonian museum and enjoy being the only semi-packer fans at the Bayou restaurant. At least they have the best vegetarian meatloaf I have ever had.  

Monday was spent mostly relaxing and feeding the ducks at the Alexandria waterfront.  Such a senior hobby but my boyfriend and I just love it.  We then decided to cook one of our favorite meals...zucchini risotto.  mmmmm 

What did your weekends consist of?


No comments:

Post a Comment